Re: Build-Depends

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 04:07:27AM -0700, Darren/Torin/Who Ever... wrote:
> So, what's the current way to generate a build-depends line for a newer
> policy compliant package?
>
> I can list the things that I use but an automated way would be better
> and less error-prone.  This was probably covered at some point but the
> archives of debian-devel can be a bit overwhelming...

There really isn't one.  There are a couple tricks using libtricks to
watch used files during the build, but that's error-prone too.  Make a
good guess :) Mostly, things like autoconf/automake/debhelper, and -dev
packages for any library a resulting .deb links to.  Anything else
you'll probably have run in to on your own building it at some point.

Dan