ITP: jftpgw

I intend to package jftpgw in the upcoming weeks. It's the only free ftp
gateway I could find that has all the features I need. From the Readme:

   * Active as well as passive FTP transfers (the mode between the client
     and the proxy may differ from the mode between proxy and real ftp
     server)
   * Logging of connection attempts
   * Access control features, you can specify the user names that may
     connect from a specific host or IP range to another specific host or IP
     range.
   * If run as root, it drops the privileges as often as possible (anybody
     familiar with writing programs run as root? I am not!)
   * You can pretend to run a real ftp server (see defaultforward option)
   * Other forward (UserAlias) features are also possible. So you may
     specify an alias for a user with a password and jftpgw logs in to the
     real server as another user with another password.
   * Specify how many users are allowed to log in from which IP ranges
   * The throughput rate can be throttled according to which user logs in to
     which server
   * Several logfile options are provided: You can specify the issued
     commands you want to have logged in one file or more files (with
     different sets of commands to log) as well as a logfile for a whole ftp
     session
   * Various login strings are possible. You can even use another ftp proxy
     between jftpgw and the real FTP server (see below)
   * jftpgw runs as a daemon and rereads its configuration files in case it
     receives a SIGHUP
   * Regular users can run the proxy server on unprivileged ports as well
   * jftpgw is free in the sense of the GNU General Public License

And of course, it can do transparent proxying.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De