Re: Bug Tags

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 07:34:24AM -0400, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> was heard to say:
> Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >   Would it be possible to add a slightly less final version of this tag?
> >   "wontfixsoon", maybe..
> >   I don't have any bugs that I'm never planning to fix, but there are some
> > which would be difficult to fix without major redesigns, and thus have a
> > lower priority on my list-of-things-to-do than simple-to-fix bugs.
>
> Perhaps a wishlist severity would be appropiate for such bugs.

  The particular bug I'm thinking of at the moment is already wishlist, but
I'd like to mark it so that it's obvious from the main page that I know about
it and am deliberately not fixing it right now.  (yeah, with as few bugs
as I have, this isn't really important, but..)

> >   Also, I'm not clear on what the stable tag is meant for.  Should any bug
> > pertaining only to the version in "stable" be flagged with it, or only
> > RCBs?
>
> I expect it'd be useful as a way of marking bugs that are only present
> the current stable, and so will be fixed at the next major release.
> Maybe such bugs could be closed then. I remember people wanting in the
> past to be able to manage their bugs this way.

  That's what I'm hoping..I wasn't sure since the original message only
mentioned it in the context of RCBs.

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                          "Inconceivable!"                                   |