rlogin to masquaraded dial-up machine

I'm sorry for this mail because it might be a bit out topic, but I'd
be glad if someone could help me. Imagine the following scenario:

- 1 Machine has a permantent internet connection with the ip
  195.37.106.41.
- another machine has a dial-up internet connection. Which is
  masquaded to the ip 195.37.105.2 at the provider. (yes, that sucks)
- both machines are only about 2 hops away from each other and the
  network inbetween could be considered private. I don't really care
  if password or sth. else is send between these hosts unencrypted
  although this is not very nice.
- it does not matter if the dial-up machine is always connected. The
  line is reserved for that connection.

What I would like to have is to be able to control the dial-up machine
from remote (e.g. from the machine with the permanent connection). As
the dial-up machine is masquaraded, I cannot esthablish a direct
connection to it. I am solving the problem up to now with two very
tiny perl scripts. One script on the dial-up machine tries to
esthablish a connection to the permanent machine every minute on port
1000. Normally this fails, except on the permanent machine the other
script is started with listen on port 1000 and the connection is
established. I can execute command, etc. now. Unfortunately are these
scripte very quick hack that aren't very clean and I cannot run any
graphical (curses, etc) applications as I don't care about all this
terminal stuff. Has somebody a better solution for this, e.g. patched
ssh(d), telnet(d), rlogin(d) that are nicer. Again: security is not
too important as the network could be considered private.

Regards, Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org>