ITP: fdclone

fdclone is a lightweight (less than 500kb installed) console-based
file manager.  This software can output messages either in English
or Japanese using the build-in mesconv fuction.
Maybe other language support can be added if a user supply
the translation of messages.

Package: fdclone
 FD(FD represents "File and Directory") is an easy-to-use
 file management tool for Un*x newbies.  As its name shows,
 this is a rewrite from scratch - the original version was written
 by Atsushi Idei for MS-DOS(tm) and once very popular in Japan.

The license of the current version is not DFSG-compatible (hence
non-free at the section above) but the author promised me after
some discussion between us to release the next major version
(2.0 or later) under a newly created DFSG-compatible license.

It was downloaded from
  ftp://ftp.ics.es.osaka-u.ac.jp/pub/FDclone/

Upstream Author(s): Takashi SHIRAI <shirai@pon.nintendo.co.jp>

Copyright (C) 1995-1999 by Takashi SHIRAI All Rights Reserved.

(The following is an unofficial translation, means it's just FYI.
The official copyright notice appears in the file README, but
unfortunately written in Japanese)

The source code of this software may be redistributed, modified or
used in another program without any permission. No one can limit
the usage/redistribution of this software (ex. to patent on this
software is prohibited).

The binary form built on modified or original source of this
software can be used/copied/redistributed, but if redistribution
of the binary form is publicly available and mass production
(such as in commercial CD-ROM or via network, ftp/BBS/etc),
then distributors have to contact the author first, and to get
the author's approval.

(The Debian package is already permitted by the author.)

P.S.
 (I am not on this list. Please cc me if you comment on this.)
--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>