Re: Quota problem

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 11:38:33AM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> What I do is change the /etc/init.d/quota script to create a flag file in
> /etc when it shuts down cleanly.  Then on restart if the flag exists it will
> skip the quota check.  This way if there has been a crash then it will
> re-check but otherwise it won't.

Yes, I thought about that solution too. The only problem I can think of with
this solution is that a sysadmin stop quota on a running system. But then
that's his problem.

And of course that won't fix the installation problem. I think I will run
quotacheck on a fresh install in teh background then.

> The plans for ReiserFS include making quotas a base part of the file system
> with journal support to avoid having to ever do a quota check.  I expect that
> the Ext3 developers have the same plans.

That'll be good.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes