Re: xdm not pamified?

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 12:30:50AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martin Maciaszek wrote:
> > But what about X 3.3.6? I so far avoided the upgrade to X 4 and
> > still use 3.3.6
>
> The xdm in X3 can't be PAMified since that mean either really
> bad PAM support or breaking binary compatibility iirc.

Breaking binary compatibility with what? Could you elaborate this
a bit further? All I wanted was to get a TGT when logging in with
xdm. I deduced that I need pam for this, but xdm doesn't use pam.
Now I'm stuck.

Regards
Martin
--
The meat is rotten, but the booze is holding out.

Computer translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."