Re: xdm not pamified?

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 12:30:50AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martin Maciaszek wrote:
> > But what about X 3.3.6? I so far avoided the upgrade to X 4 and
> > still use 3.3.6
> The xdm in X3 can't be PAMified since that mean either really
> bad PAM support or breaking binary compatibility iirc.

Breaking binary compatibility with what? Could you elaborate this
a bit further? All I wanted was to get a TGT when logging in with
xdm. I deduced that I need pam for this, but xdm doesn't use pam.
Now I'm stuck.

The meat is rotten, but the booze is holding out.

Computer translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."