Re: More postfix/glibc/db2 troubles [Log for successful build of postfix_0.0.20000531.SNAPSHOT-1.1 (dist=unstable)]

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 12:30:18AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 08:24:48PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > More libdb2 and glibc problems... If you look at the excerpts of a
> > build log below, you'll see that postfix gets the proper libdb
> > installed, but links to -ldb instead of -ldb2 - on powerpc that's in
> > glibc still, since the new libc has not been uploaded!  Is it supposed
> > to autodetect libdb2?  Or is the libdb2-dev broken?
> >
> > Perhaps a versioned build dep on glibc is appropriate?  "Recompile for
> > new libc" uploads without a versioned build dep are just ASKING for
> > trouble.
>
> > ** Using build dependencies supplied by package:
> > Build-Depends: libdb2-dev (>= 2.7.7-2.1), libgdbmg1-dev, libldap2-dev, libpcre3-dev, libsasl-dev
>
> > Unpacking libdb2-dev (from .../devel/libdb2-dev_2.7.7-2.deb) ...
>
> See that? Sbuild is broken. It did not check the version at all.

Erk, I missed that.  And:

Checking correctness of source dependencies...

so it really did screw that up.  I don't have access to the  build
machine to examine it closer - ask Brian Almeida if you want to figure
it out yourself.

Dan