Re: ITP: trn4

On Fri 29 Sep 2000, Colin Watson wrote:

> It's still available at
> <URL:http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~cjwatson/debian/>, but so far

Following the link for the diff gives a 404:

 The requested URL
 /~cjwatson/debian/non-free/source/news/trn4_4.0-test74-5.diff.gz
 was not found on this server.

> nobody has been willing to sponsor it; the fact that it's non-free
> doesn't help, I imagine. At the moment I'm talking to my application
> manager about getting trn and trn4 to coexist on the same machine, which
> we should now have managed.
>
> Sponsorship still appreciated ...

As I've been known to use it :-) I might consider sponsoring...
As I understand it, the intention is to go to a BSD style license
sometime (although the development is very slow, so it'll take
some time, I guess).

Anthony Fok doesn't want to sponsor your trn4?

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/