Re: Clicking a dialog box (Re: Which task package installs gpm?)

	[Pruned the Cc: somewhat, its still huge]

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 05:09:52PM +0000, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I would love to hack "readline" to show a dialog box when in X mode,
> so that "sudo", "gnupg" etc. can ask for password in a dialog box (I
> don't know how I would do it). I don't know what I should be doing
> for "Yes/No" questions. Each application program probably needs to
> be addressed.

	Then you might like to know about a hack I'm preparing
	for sudo.. I'm creating "xudo", a wrapper for sudo
	(+ an enabling patch for sudo) that uses ssh-askpass
	when $DISPLAY is set.

	It works for me, but needs cleanup. Haven't had time.

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | The Tao that is seen