Re: Clicking a dialog box (Re: Which task package installs gpm?)
- To: Junichi Uekawa <email@example.com>
- Cc: "Karl M. Hegbloom" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Clicking a dialog box (Re: Which task package installs gpm?)
- From: Tommi Virtanen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:10:36 +0300
- Message-id: <20000928211036.A10035@hq.yok.utu.fi>
- Mail-followup-to: Junichi Uekawa <email@example.com>, "Karl M. Hegbloom" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <200009271708.CAA08391@mail.doshisha.ac.jp>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 05:09:52PM +0000
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000919225057.28932Bemail@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200009271708.CAA08391@mail.doshisha.ac.jp>
[Pruned the Cc: somewhat, its still huge]
On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 05:09:52PM +0000, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I would love to hack "readline" to show a dialog box when in X mode,
> so that "sudo", "gnupg" etc. can ask for password in a dialog box (I
> don't know how I would do it). I don't know what I should be doing
> for "Yes/No" questions. Each application program probably needs to
> be addressed.
Then you might like to know about a hack I'm preparing
for sudo.. I'm creating "xudo", a wrapper for sudo
(+ an enabling patch for sudo) that uses ssh-askpass
when $DISPLAY is set.
It works for me, but needs cleanup. Haven't had time.
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | The Tao that is seen
kernel, TCP/IP, C, perl, free software, | Is not the true Tao, until
mail, www, sw devel, unix admin, hacks. | You bring fresh toner.