Re: debian and multimedia

In Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:10:40 +0200 (CEST) Guenter Geiger <geiger@epy.co.at> cum veritate scripsit :

> Questions:
> - who is interested in helping with this

I am very much interested in it.

> - a debian-multimedia list should be created (is this the rigth place to
> ask for it ?)

That would really be nice, because stirring debian-devel with audio-only
specifics doesn't sound like the best solution ;)

I want some place where I can discuss debian multimedia things.

I am "multimedia" probably includes audio processing, multitrack harddisk
recording, sound effects, MIDI notation, MIDI->Wave transformation,
MIDI-video syncronization / audio-video synchronization (VJ = Visual Jockey)
etc. Things that is currently very lacking in Debian (and on the GNOME side).
I am hoping the introduction of KDE to Debian makes the situation somewhat
better...

regards,
	junichi

--