Re: hardware-screensaver: dpms

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 07:11:17AM -0300, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Thanks.  Isn't there any option to switch off the monitor from console??
> > That would make me even more happy :).
>
> Yes, there is. man setterm will help you. You _may_ need APM configured and
> enabled in the kernel for it to work, however.

to save alot of trouble here is how i got it working:

        setterm -blank 10
        setterm -powerdown 30

i put that in a script in /etc/init.d and it works quite well.

i do have apm compiled in, but only the poweroff at shutdown turned
on.  if it makes a difference i don't know.  (im not sure why i even
bother with that powerdown thing, i have not rebooted my machine in
105 days much less shutdown...)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/