Re: (Beware helix packages) Re: [CrackMonkey] The right to bare legs

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 04:07:58AM +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> > Maybe so.  I'd still like to see someone take up maintenance of jinstall
> > and package it personally.  I'd do it myself if I could grok the perl.
>
> Do you mean dinstall? :) I was asking ppl why there aren't packages for
> dinstall and archive maintenance scripts.

I mean jinstall, aj's mini-dinstall-type-program that did just enough to
maintain a staging area archive.  It was a specific tool to do a specific
job for a specific person at a specific time.

> > Perl so far is a language that I just don't understand.  It defies the
> > conventional structured thinking I apply to the way I write my code.
>
> What makes you think C is better? :)

I can read C.  I understand C if it hasn't been obfuscated to the point of
senselessness.  I can write C.  Hence, if I wrote something similar to it
which I actually intended to understand, I'd probably do it in C.

I'm sorry if the following sounds combative and excessively personal,
but that's my general style.        -- Ian Jackson