Re: severe deficiencies in our PAM setup

>>"Ben" == Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

 Ben> Not really. I'de rather have a sane simple approach so admins wont
 Ben> have to learn One More Thing to setup their systems.

	Any sysadmin who knows enough to be meddling with security
 (and setting up pam is _not_ for the novice) should be aware of M4
 and cpp. And even if not, cpp syntax is simple enough that someone
 who has waded through PAM documentation and is aware of security
 issues would ot find cpp very hard to assimilate (one can also create
 configuration files by example). I do not find this an un ``sane''
 approach.

	Given the advantages if file inclusion, conditional sections,
 etc, I would think that the advantages outwiegh the objections in
 this case.

	I would rather we had a well known, and still simple, approach
 like using cpp rather than reinventing the wheel yet again to provide
 equivalent benefits.

	manoj

--
 Acquaintance, n: A person whom we know well enough to borrow from but
 not well enough to lend to.  A degree of friendship called slight