Re: HOWTO: Join the 6bone!

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> I think that the "don't turn on IPv6 by default" measure acts in the
> long-term disinterest of Debian's security too.  Sure, it's possible

Yes, one could say that. And I think I agree with you.

> In that scenario, there will be people who say "I want IPv6", and they
> can easily turn it on, but because we weren't forced to find and fix
> the IPv6 security-related bugs that might be around, they get bitten.

Well, I'm quite happy with ipv6 enabled by default (IMHO that's a damn cool
goal to shoot for), as long as the required effort is made to *prevent* ipv6
security-related bugs to show up in woody after it is released. This means
testing against ipv6 every (priority standard or higher) non-ipv6-patched
app/daemon which does ip-level and network-hostname-level access control
BEFORE releasing woody, at the very least.

  Henrique Holschuh