Re: apt and multiple connections

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> It is already done transparently by APT.

Jason, since you're the author of the apt documentation, I believe you,
but I just reread everything in /usr/share/doc/apt and didn't see any
documentation for this so I grabbed the source and browsed.

MD5 and size checks _are_ done, but not pgp/gpg signature checking...
Where does it do this?  Or were you refering to the other checks?

I _have_ learned (thank the source) that apt already does do enough
checking the way I was concerned in my initial paragraph at the top.  So
Never Mind, as Emily Latella would say....

thanks,
Seth