Re: gnome/window-manager

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 08:32:36AM -0700, Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> was heard to say:
> I have only icewm and icewm-gnome installed with icewm-gnome linked to
> x-window-manager. Now when I start GNOME (the newest packages, so I got the
> ones from helix that were adopted by storm) it sometimes tells me I have no
> GNOME compliant window-manager. Sometimes it works well. But regardless if I
> get the error message I always have the process x-window-manager running.

  This sounds like a race condition.  How are you starting Gnome and icewm?
I /think/ that gnome-session is set up to avoid this problem..

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                       Who is General Failure, and why                       |