Re: Which task package installs gpm?

    Branden> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
    Branden> On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 03:05:05PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
    >> Tasksel does support autoselecting required, important, and standard
    >> packages via the -r, -i, and -s switches. Currently, though, it is only
    >> called with -ri, not -ris.
    Branden> [...]
    >> I remember I posted to somewhere for clarification, but I forget if my post
    >> was to -devel, -boot, or -policy. Anyway, I got a confusing mishmash of
    >> answers, and in the end did not enable tasksel -s.
    >>
    >> If people think that's wrong, there may be time to fix it for r1.

    Branden> Well, if my opinion counts, please do re-enable -s.

 For some systems, it's nice to not have the `-s' there; to not let it
 install a bunch of stuff, then run a `dpkg --set-selections <
 myselections', `apt-get dselect-upgrade'.  We need a better way to do
 that though; more like a `kickstart' thing, I guess, involving
 `debconf' and some sort of cluster thingy?  You tell me and we'll
 both know.  (YTMAWBK)