Re: Any reason not to use PNG images in packaged HTML manuals?

Thus spake Peter S Galbraith (GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca):

> The png format would look a lot nicer (jpg
> fuzzes out the edges and looks bad), but we are concerned that
> perhaps some browsers can't handle them.  For exmaple, even the
> Debian web site is still using Gifs instead of PNG format.
> Should we not use png yet?

IIRC, png's are only a problem when they use alpha-channels and
transparency. I think normal png's are supported by most browsers.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |