Re: Stripping cygnus insight

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 21:52:35 Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> It includes the gdb 5.0 source, so that's where almost all of it goes :-)

Yea, err in fact gdb5.0 _is_ insight, but we typically don't want a duplicate
the whole binutils package for instance, and tcl/tk/itcl/itk/tix  intl from
gettext, etc...

> > GACK! Cygnus should really know better...
>
> It's really a RedHat project (which has been put into the charge of Cygnus
> now), thus explaining the tangled issue of hacked libs.  From my readings
> on the mailing list, upstream plans on removing the dependence on those
> hacked libs very soon anyway.

That's good news, but debian version probably hitting sooner than theirs ;)
After a major release (like 5.0) I'm sure that they've relaxed. It's a job
done right BTW, I've used the gdb on cygwin and it's excellent. same debugger
, graphical both on linux and windows. I don't know what we'd do without
cygnus anyway

So they fork, we return to parent. :)

> > Hmm, perhaps they should forward their macros to the autoconf creators ;-))
>
> Hahahahaha....

*<:-)
You know, they are actually human beings. A few of them even have photos, I've seen
them. Weird guys. Maybe I should send them a CV.

I think the real problem is with tcl/tk, though. That versioning thing is not right.
4.0 4.2 8.0 8.1... Quite tedious.

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural