becomming a debian developer

Hi!

I just started out thinking to become a debian developer, but as I am
digging deeper in doing so, I came across something that will rather
prevent me from doing so.

As I have read there are 3 known methods to get a valid pgp/gpg key
that verifies your identity needed for becomming a debian developer.

An OpenPGP key signed by

1) a current debian developer met in real live.
	Since I don't know any personally this won't apply for me.
2) versign
	I've had a look at their webpage, but they first seemed to sell
	certifications for email addresses only. Having a deeper look at
	their webpage left me still puzzled, cause their class 2 or
	class 3 certificates may be right. The class 2 one seems to be not
	so secure as the class 3 one, but the class 3 one is a bit of an
	extraordinary kind cause I would have to get some notary that's a
	delegate of a local registration authority. That would propably
	mean that I will have to journey through europe, since I am
	located	in Austria and the next local registration authority
	related to Verisign is in France.
	So this one seems also to not apply for me.

3) a copy of any formal documents certifying my identity
	a) mailed
	   As no address is mentioned in the text whom does this mail
	   should be sent to?

	b) scanned and e-mailed and pgp-signed
	   As I recently read in this mailing list, scanned images might
	   be subject to rejection by proposing it's quality to be not
	   good enough.
	   So this also drops out.

So 3-3 = 0.
To touch the point: I'll never be able to become a debian developer as
long as I don't know one personally.
I suppose that to be not very funny at all. I mean beeing meen to newbies
is not the right trick to test if one verifies to be applicable to become
a debian developer. As I don't suppose that I have any chooseable options
left I turned this topic to this mailing list. Anyway I will try it with a
scanned and emailed ID, but I don't suppose that it will work, but that
doesn't mean I will give up.

So kind regards,

Michael Moerz