Re: new-maintainer and delays (was Re: [some idiot troll who shouldhave been ignored])

>Please keep in mind that this is a volunteer opperation. No one gets paid
>for their contributions. Everyone provides as much energy as they have to
>spare, so things can only happen when someone can spare the time to take
>action. If you really think it is a problem then the best thing you can do
>is offer to help rather than complain that no one is satisfying your
>criterion for excellence.

I agree with the sentiment. However, it's necessary to pass through the nm
queue to help as an application manager. ;o)

I'm in the queue at the moment (9-7-00), and I've expressed an interest in
helping with the application and tutoring side of new maintainers alongside
the packaging work I'm undertaking. Aside from lurking on mentors and doling
advice where I can, is there any other way I can help? Are there any new
developments that have depreciated any of our nm documentation? Any features
that would be useful on http://nm.debian.org that no-one has had time to
code, aside from the features listed on the TODO list at nm.d.o?

Best regards,

Chris.