Re: Upcoming changes with glibc and db2

Will there still be hidden dependancies on libdb2 ?

I remember trying to get sendmail built with earlier libdb2 packages:
everything built and ran fine until:
  *) Someone used db2 hosts files (resolver library and sendmail were
     using incompatible APIs)
  *) One (or more) archs were using a different libdb2 (this was
     very early potato though - they may all be the same now)

sendmail folk recommend SleepyCat libdb 3 (due to errors in
earlier versions iirc it was locking related) - though the
current maintainer has had a bug filed for sometime to build db3.

If db3 is built, can I then build sendmail with that and not see
segfaults ?
--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon