Re: System sees only 65M of memory

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 05:56:52PM -0600, Art Edwards wrote:
> I just purchased two Athalon-based systems, each with 768M of ram.
> However, under debian (potato runnin kernel 2.2.17) the OS sees only 65
> M of memory. I have tried to use the append command
> mem=768M
> but it still sees only 65 M?
> Does anyone have any ideas?
> --
> Arthur H. Edwards
> 712 Valencia Dr. NE
> Abq. NM 87108
> (505) 256-0834

I haven't tried on my athlon, but i've heard that grub will autodetect
your ram correctly, and pass the info to the kernel.  Still doesn't help
with the fact that mem= isn't working for you, but its a start :)

Erik Bernhardson
It is better to remain silent and be considered a fool, than to speak and
remove all doubt.
	-- Abraham Lincoln