Re: apt-move problem

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 03:00:56PM +1100, Brian May wrote:

>     Paul> Please check the BTS for apt-move, this is discussed
>     Paul> externsively.  Apparently it's a (for me non-obvious) bug in
>     Paul> bash.
>
> Why not change the ( and ) to { and } respectively?
>
> At least this way, it will work with potato...
>
> ...and as far as I can tell it is a bit inconsistent anyway - some
> functions are defined with ( and ), while others are defined with {
> and }.

You can change it to { ( and ) <newline> }; this will work with exactly the
same functionality (I think; I tested against zsh which executes functions
with ( and ) properly).

> ...or does this have a different meaning?

AFAIK it causes ther function to execute in a subshell (or at least variables
are all local etc.)

--
Tom Lees <tal26@cam.ac.uk> <tom@debian.org> <Tom.Lees@bigfoot.com>