Re: Problems with mail system? [Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown]

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 04:33:09PM -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> My reverse DNS does not match my forward DNS.  I have @home.  Only

They don't need to "match".  Your IP just needs to resolve to something, and
that something needs to resolve back to your IP.  This has no effect on what
From: addresses and envelope senders you can use.

adam@athlon:~$ host
Name: cc659474-a.indnpls1.in.home.com

adam@athlon:~$ host cc659474-a.indnpls1.in.home.com
cc659474-a.indnpls1.in.home.com A

There is no reason your mail shouldn't work properly with these settings
(apart from being listed on the DUL).  If you'd like, I'll add you a line in
my access control to allow you to relay through my server.  I'm sure there
are many other people on this list who would offer the same.

ssh -L 25:localhost:25 me@my.friends.box