Re: (Beware helix packages) Re: [CrackMonkey] The right to bare legs

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 02:00:42AM -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 11:54:05PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > Software has bugs, it's a fact of life.  New software is more likely to
> > > have unknown bugs that affect more people.  What makes the Helix packages
> > > so nice is the turnaround time for fixes.  I don't know how they do it,
> > > but they do.
> >
> > Maybe they have a dinstall delay of less than 24 hours :-P
>
> Maybe so.  I'd still like to see someone take up maintenance of jinstall
> and package it personally.  I'd do it myself if I could grok the perl.
> Perl so far is a language that I just don't understand.  It defies the
> conventional structured thinking I apply to the way I write my code.

Well, if jinstall is badly structured, only I can take the blame ;-)

However, it's a trivial pattern matching hack to move files into the
right directories, and totally fails to do any of the clever stuff
dinstall does.  It did all I needed for gnome-staging at the time..

Jules