Re: ITP lame

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 05:53:32PM -0300, Rogerio Brito <rbrito@iname.com> was heard to say:
> > Of course the other problem is the code not yet being optimised (and
> > I'm not complaining but..) and bogging down my poor P133.
>
> 	Unfortunately, I have no experience here with older processors
> 	as my computer is a Pentium MMX 200 (overclocked to 250), so
> 	it is quite fast and I wouldn't see the perfomance problems
> 	(that's a downside of having a reasonably fast computer).

  Interesting.  On my P166 (no MMX), it ran but consumed essentially 100% of
my CPU time to decode a file, so doing anything else with the computer
caused breakups.  I'm surprised, actually, that you don't see problems;
by that standard, shouldn't it be eating at least 50% of your CPU time?

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|   If you're reading  |  Human beings were created by water to transport it  |