Re: ITP lame

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 08:37:20AM -0700, ferret@phonewave.net was heard to say:
> Lame could be compiled with vorbis support enabled and mp3 disabled,
> perhaps, and go into unstable/main. But would we have to excise the
> mp3-specific parts in the source package in order to do so?

  This is something I've been curious about since noticing that Lame supports
Vorbis: why would you use Lame to encode a Vorbis file when Vorbis comes with
its own encoder?  Am I missing something?

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|     This space    |   "We've got nothing to fear but the stuff that we're   |