Re: Free Pine?

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 07:47:57PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 01:26:53PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > > First of all, by this message you have our permission to distribute a
> > > modified version of IMAPD.
> > That to me says Debian has permission to re-distribute our modified
> > version, but that people who recieve it from us do not, unless they too
> > ask permission ("We do expect and appreciate..."). Non-free.
> Right, it fails DFSG 7.  Anthony Towns and Raul Miller don't seem too
> concerned about it (see their followups to my -legal message of August
> 23rd), however.

Huh?

I replied to your assertion that ``Otherwise, I think we will in fact
be unable to distribute UW's IMAPD, and should never have done so in
the first place.''. We're not unable to distribute it, we'd just have
to distribute it in non-free.

And no, I'm not too concerned about it, I don't care about IMAP at all,
and I'm not overly worried about software being in non-free.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark