Re: Security of Debian SuX0r?

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 05:40:15PM -0500, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
:On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 02:57:20PM +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
:> Kurt Seifried
:
:While we are at it. Kurt critizes that adduser creates home
:directories readable for all users by default. The woody version has
:an option in /etc/adduser.conf to change it to any value you
:want. Shall we make something like 700 default? It would break some
:things like "UserDir public_html" in Apache, etc.

Anything less than 700 breaks RSA authentication for ssh.  A point to
consider though I'll gladly concede that anyone using RSA keys ought
to know what permissions they want on their home directory and how to
change them.

-Jon