FW: Firewall Project

The "technical" leadership at my wife's work are back-pedalling from
using a Linux firewall between an AS/400 system and remotely-connected
PC's based on the following argument:

> To all Network Administrators:
>
> Problem: AS/400 can only communicate with active packets to and from the
> client. Any type of passive packet exchange will result in a loss of
> connectivity and invoke a Winsock error.
>
> Solution: Use an active firewall scheme

This "active" firewall will most likely consist of a windows-based
solution.

Can anyone comment on why Linux would be unsuitable for firewall use
in this configuration?

Thanks,

-Brent