Re: ITP: Biomail - automated medical searcher

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 09:56:04AM +0200, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> spake forth:
> On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Seth Cohn wrote:
> > I think this will go into contrib, since it uses PubMed's database,
> > and it is pretty useless without access to their database.  The code itself
> Hmmm, but you don't have to install this database on your own box!
> You just access it via http, if I'm not completely wrong.
> So what.  Accessing non-free databases in the net shouldn't exclude
> a software from main in my opinion.  Files in contrib have a
> "Depends: foo-nonfree" in their control file, but I think you won't
> do a "Depends: PubMed" because there will be no PubMed package.

Personally I think it can go into main. If we have the client code, obviously a
pubmed-compatible free database can be written, right?

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
PGP: 0xA9592D4D 62 A7 11 E2 23 AD 4F 57  27 05 1A 76 56 92 D5 F6

"Logic and practical information do not seem to apply here."
"You admit that?"
"To deny the facts would be illogical, Doctor"
- Spock and McCoy, "A Piece of the Action", stardate unknown