Re: Learning dpkg/apt

> no it wouldn't, as soon as that database gets corrupted in whatever
> way your completly screwed and have to reinstall.

That's why I suggested a *cacheing* system for the text database.  Every write
operation happens twice (once in the binDB, once in the txtDB), but every read
operation can come straight from the binDB.  Hashing could be used to check if
the text database is still equal to the binary database.

> ill take slow over unrecoverable any day.

Same here, but it is possible to have the best of both worlds.

--
Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@cheerful.com

- Please always Cc to me when replying to me on the lists.
- See the mail headers for GPG/advertising/homepage information.