Re: mkfs in /sbin, mkisofs in /usr/bin (was: Re: Intent To Split: netbase

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 01:06:26PM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> I disagree.  You *NEED* to have a copy of mke2fs in the root filesystem
> in case /usr or any other mounted filesystem gets whacked.  OTOH, you
> probably won't be mastering any CD images while your system is crippled,
> so having mkisofs in /usr is not inconsistent.

Er, uh, /bin and /sbin are BOTH usually on the root filesystem.  I think
this point is orthogonal to the sbin vs. bin argument.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |       What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                |       reading the Bible cover to cover.