Re: Is dh_installxfonts okay?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 10:52:55AM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> I am not sure and I am afraid I might misunderstand something
> but I wish to know...
>
> Several xfonts-* packages seem to fail removing fonts.dir/alias
> on removing or purging.  The postrm of them has
>
>   for currentdir in $fontdirs; do
> 	  longdir=/usr/lib/X11/fonts/$currentdir
> 	  if [ -d $longdir ]; then
> 		  for file in fonts.dir fonts.alias; do
> 			  rm -f $file
> 		  done
>
> and I wondered "rm -f $file" should be something like
> "rm -f $longdir/$file"?

You are correct.  My original implementation was messed up in this respect
and the person who wrote dh_installxfonts copied my mistake.  This problem
in fixed in the XFree86 xfonts-* packages but not, apparently, in
dh_installxfonts.

> What do I misunderstand at all?

Nothing yet.  :)

> And one more question.  Some packages do not add their entry
> (FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/.../") to /etc/X11/XF86Config
> , for example xfonts-cyrillic, xfonts-naga10 etc., is this okay?

See version 3.2 of the Debian Policy Manual for an explanation of why
packages don't need to edit the XF86Config file.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    Communism is just one step on the long
Debian GNU/Linux                |    road from capitalism to capitalism.