Re: [Possibly Clueless] Deb base ISO images

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Chris Ball wrote:

> I've been browsing cdimage. Do we release a base system as a 30/40-ish meg
> ISO that can network to enable apt handling retrieval of anything else? One
> would be really useful to me, and I'm sure to others too. The base packages
> (for floppies etc) aren't always so easy or convienient, and I think an ISO
> image would be a really good way to show the power of apt-get etc.
May be yoiu have a look at

      http://www.siterock.com

Christoph Lameter has build such an image with their add-ons
and handed out credit-card shaped CDs on the Debian conference in
Bordeaux.

seems me to be a good idea to make small images available or build
a deb package to create ones for those who want to create their own
images.

Kind regards

          Andreas.