Re: Potato now stable

Thus spake Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au):

> Once we get to woody, though, there are probably two things that are
> particularly worthwhile doing. As per usual, we should probably have a few
> weeks discussing "release goals" for woody to see what sort of direction
> we want to head (and then going ahead and implementing whatever we feel
> like anyway).

I personally would like having hardware detection stuff in woody.
Wouldn't it be great to have to install procedure ask you something like
"hi dude, I've detected that you've got a ne2000 NIC in your computer.
Shall I load the appropriate module?"? (and the same for video, sound,
scsi, etc.)

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |