Re: debian at work, how to make packages

* "Allan" == Allan Jacobsen <debian-user@jochimsen.dk> wrote:

Allan> Our buildtree is totally incompatible with this, so I have been
Allan> looking for a few simple scripts to package the bin and conf
Allan> files to make a usable deb package.

So, you want to build your programs in the first step, and then, in a
second step, create a deb package?

You could use equivs to create a dummy package and use the directory
structure it leaves behind. In debian/rules, you add some cp commands
to copy the files into the proper location below debian/tmp/. Don't
forget to mention the conffiles in debian/conffiles.

Then you can build the package with "fakeroot debian/rules binary".

Ciao,
        Martin