Re: GNOME question

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 02:12:24PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> I would really like to start merging the Helix changes but as Peter Teichman
> from Helix pointed out there seem to be license issues about the graphics.
> And what's nice about Helix if not the graphics? I also can't understand
> why Helix does not like advertisement by having their logo in the world's
> most stable Linux distribution...

Do you have a reference for this?  I thought the GNOME project was founded
because of all those shortsighted KDE developers who didn't "get" free
software licensing.

[Directed at the world in general]

You want your package in Debian?

Your code had better be free.
Your fonts had better be free.
Your graphics had better be free.
Your sounds had better be free.
Your documentation had better be free.
If you expect us to ship it, no matter what it is, it had better be free.

Learn it, or peddle your wares elsewhere.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |            You live and learn.
Debian GNU/Linux                |            Or you don't live long.