Re: Intent To Split: netbase

On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 09:41:49AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:

> That's a totally different problem.  It can be easily solved by raising
> its priority.  Although I haven't had any requests to do so up till now.
> Do others feel the same way about this?

IMHO traceroute should be priority standard.  i just installed a few
machines recently and thought to myself "what the fsck, traceroute is
not installed"  when i tried to run /usr/sbin/traceroute later on.

iirc a package should be priority standard if it invokes a `what the
fsck! where is foo?!' from the user/admin if its not present by default.

although apt-get made it less then a big deal it still seemed odd.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/