RFP: freeswan -- an IPsec implementation

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 07:14:06PM +0000, Shane Wegner wrote:
> I'd like to suggest that a freeswan package be created for Debian.  It is an
> implementation of the IPSEC protocol for Linux.  I'm not sure if it would go
> into non-us or not as it was developed in Canada.  Anyways, the website is
> at http://www.freeswan.org it anyone is interested in packaging it.  It
> would probably be quite complicated though as it contains kernel patches and
> utilities.

	As you would have known, had you bothered to spend
	5 minutes with the archive, I already did most of
	the packaging needed for freeswan. Currently, I
	dislike their approach and have no motivation to
	continue. My work can be picked up at
	http://non-us.debian.org/~tv/freeswan-testing/

	PS. I'm filing this RFP as a bug on WNPP, as is appropriate
	    these days..
--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | Chaos reigns within.