Re: Intent To Split: netbase

Alex, you still Cc'ed Adam, and I'm quite sure that he's reading -devel.

On 10 Aug 2000, Alex Romosan <romosan@adonis.lbl.gov> wrote:
> if this is what you're referring to:
>   I intend to split netbase into a plethora of little packages based
>   on how they're distributed upstream. The new netbase package won't
>   quite be virtual: it'll still include some bits of infrastructure
>   (like update-inetd, and /etc/init.d/networking), but it's main job
>   will be depending on all the real tools.
> i've read it right after i tried to uninstall the packages i didn't
> want only to discover i couldn't do it. so netbase was split upstream.
> great, now i can install only the parts that i want. but i can't
> because netbase still depends on all these packages. so i would argue

 You keep ignoring that Anthony stated some times that this dependency
will be droped in the future.

> that this defeats the split upstream. moreover it introduces an
> empty package.

 It's _not_ an empty package, as also stated in the paragraph you
quoted.  Please start reading the messages you answer to.

 So long!
"Has anyone had problems with the computer accounts?"
"Yes, I don't have one."
"Okay, you can send mail to one of the tutors ..."
                -- E. D'Azevedo, Computer Science 372