Re: Installed gnome-applets 1.2.0-1 (source i386)

Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> TBB> Given this, I would strongly suggest that all of these bugs be
> TBB> repoened (against gnome-applets, of course).
>
> If you want ... In the same times, you can do a bug report to the
> upstream author. I don't now why people submit upstream bug to the
> Debian BTS.

YOU should submit it upstream and mark it forwarded.  The Debian BTS
is there for all types of bugs for various reasons -- upstream may not
have good bug accountability, having all bugs in one place, etc.
upstream bugs are still bugs in Debian and may effect security or
stability.  You CANNOT wave your hand and say "foo is upstream" and
pretend that the bug does not exist.