Re: isdnutils dilemma
Paul Slootman <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I'm in the process for building the latest version of the isdnutils,
> with the latest upstream sources. However, I've run into a glitch,
> licence-wise. The isdnlog people have decided to use CDB instead
> of DBM for the areacode etc. The problem is that CDB is written by
> D.J. Bernstein (of qmail fame), and the licence of CDB is vague at
Maybe you could use freecdb instead?
Status: install ok installed
Maintainer: Tommi Virtanen <email@example.com>
Replaces: cdb, cdb-src
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1)
Conflicts: cdb, cdb-src
Description: a package for creating and reading constant databases
freecdb is a small, fast and reliable utility set and subroutine
library for creating and reading constant databases. The database
structure is tuned for fast reading:
- Successful lookups take normally just two disk accesses.
- Unsuccessful lookups take only one disk access.
- Small disk space and memory size requirements; a database
uses 2048 bytes for the header and 24 bytes per record.
- Maximum database size is 4GB; individual record size is not
- Portable file format.
- Fast creation of new databases.
- No locking, updates are atomical.
This package contains both the utilities and the development
- Ruud de Rooij.
ruud de rooij | *@spam.ruud.org | http://ruud.org