Re: message of wwwcountconfig

From: "C.M. Connelly" <c@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: message of wwwcountconfig
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 18:20:51 -0700

>    AK> When one say "I don't care what happens", the phrase "I
>    AK> don't care" nearly equals "I don't mind" perhaps.
>
> Unless the speaker is being sarcastic or is terribly depressed, in
> which case they might say something like, ``I don't care if you go
> without me,'' or, ``I don't care if that bomb does destroy the
> planet.''

I see.  The meaning of the sentence depends on the situation.
And we should speak straight in the package script, of course ;-)

> The whole thing could be restated as
>
>    The error messages generated by wwwcounter are verbose and may
>    reveal potentially sensitive information about the system the
>    script is running on (such as the full path to the data or
>    configuration files).  If you want to protect that information, or
>    simply don't want users to see any error messages, then answer
>    ``n'' to the question.  If you answer ``n'', users will see a
>    broken image icon rather than an error message if there is a
>    problem.

At least for me, this is much easier and clearer to understand
than the original one.

Thanks for your comments.

Best Regards,			2000.8.4

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>