Re: zless and debian-*doc pakcaging

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 12:55:11AM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> I'm also fairly sure there's some magic sequence that will tell less
> to automatically gunzip files, but I'm not sure our default config
> uses it.  Perhaps that would be helpful.

all that's necessary is to set the LESSOPEN variable to the string
'|lesspipe %s' (or some other custom handler, but lesspipe is in the less
pkg) and reading of .gz files and other nice things becomes transparent
(there's even a handler for .deb files in the packaged version).  the only
problem I've run into with is reading files that have a # in the name, but
it hasn't been enough of a cramp in my style to look into a workaround yet.

Marc