Re: ITP (really ITrP): bigbrother

Joey wrote:
> > even 2... but to be a year behind and still be in potato doesn't feel
> > right to me.
>
> "One year old" is basically the definition of "in potato" at this point.
> Look at the length of the freeze.

Hmm, according to a usually reputable source called DWN (Jan 19th 2000),
the freeze started in mid-January.  Let's see, that's 6 months and a bit.
Nowhere near a year, no matter how short you want to call a year...

In this case, bigbrother's last debian changelog entry was April 1999.
that would be 1 1/2 years old, and almost a year at the time of the
freeze. Stephen has a number of other packages to maintain, and this
just wasn't a priority to him, in fact he filed a number of bug reports on
it himself (he just didn't have time or inclination to upgrade it)

Really, this is just the old issue of 'it's old + it's been replaced
upstream, but we haven't because of the freeze"  I don't expect it to be
solved anytime soon, until package pools or something similar is
implemented.  It's too radical for Debian to purge old packages at this
point in the freeze, and hopefully it won't happen again with Woody
because we'll have a better solution in place by then.

Seth