Re: Installed gnome-applets 1.2.0-1 (source i386)

Christian Marillat wrote:
> If you want ... In the same times, you can do a bug report to the
> upstream author. I don't now why people submit upstream bug to the
> Debian BTS.

As the maintainer, reporting the bug to the upstream author is your job.

People shouldn't bypass the ebian BTS, because:

* A user has no certian way of telling if the bug is in the software as
  distributed upstream, or is due to debian's changes to the software or
  something different in debian's environment.
* It takes load off the upstream author, because they won't get
  duplicate bug reports from Debian users.
* It allows Debian users to check known bugs of a package in a
  consitent, common place.
* It allows the Debian developer to fix the bugs themselves and
  contribute the fixes upstream, thus getting fixes into debian quicker
  and earning some gratitude from the author.

--
see shy jo