Re: splitting up kernel-image into two pieces

> > For me there are.  I'm using this in a context where packages are
> > installed automatically, so I don't want to have to issue the ln
> > command by hand.  Also, since all configuration information for a
> > machine is in the package database, I want which kernel is in use to
> > be represented there too.

Sorry if this has been suggested before, but how about using a shared
debconf variable?  In the config ask:

  Make this kernel image the default? [Yn]

And if yes, set the shared variable to the current kernel image.  In
the postinst, use that variable to set up the link from /vmlinuz.  Is
debconf flexible enough for this?

Well?

-itai